Practical Information

Administrative steps

Financial Contribution to student living expenses (CVEC)

All students who register in Higher Education in France will need to settle a tax called CVEC - Financial contribution to student living expenses - for an amount of 90€. Students can connect to :   to create an account and pay for the CVEC.


Health insurance cover

All students attending the summer school must have a Health insurance cover valid from the day of the arrival in France.

European students can provide an EHIC – European Health Insurance Card- valid for the academic year.

In September 2019, students will sign up for free to Social Security by connecting to :


Civil liability insurance

All students must provide a Civil liability insurance certificate at arrival. This insurance will cover your personal injury and also the damage to others’ property.  This insurance will also be required for any internship period.


Housing insurance

All students must provide a Housing insurance certificate. This insurance will cover the fees in the event of damage to the furniture into your room.

Please note : a certificate of Housing insurance is required for the signature of the lease.

How to subscribe to these insurances ?

Many insurance companies, such as LMDE or SMERRA, will propose these insurances. Banks will also propose it when opening a bank account. Many discount offers are targeting students.

Take the time and compare the offers on the Web !


Student Housing Aid from the CAF (Caisse d’Allocations Familiales)

We highly recommend international students to wait for their Health Insurance registration before registering for the CAF.

All students living in France may be eligible for student housing aid.

A notice in foreign languages will be given on demand by the Summer School coordinator or the Registrar’s Office.


Please respect the 4 following steps for your application :

When your application is complete, CAF will check your documentation and let you know if you are eligible.